I started using La Lumiere Face Kit November 19, 2013. The kit says it’s good for a month or two, but mine lasted for 3 whole months of religious daily use.
The kit contains:
- Gloss cleanser (blue bottle)
- Gloss toner (yellow bottle)
- Exfoliating cream (white bottle)
- Whitening cream (light yellow bottle; which I did not use)
- Sunscreen SBF cream (pink bottle; which I did not use)
- Blanch soap
My skin type:
- Large pores
- Acne and blackhead prone (I do not have much acne, but I do get a lot of occasional zits, some huge, some small)
- Dark spots all over from previous acne treatment (usually from application of benzoyl peroxide)
I started using the kit a day after a 4-day beach vacation. I asked the seller if I can use it then and she said sure, as long as my face isn’t sun burnt. Thank goodness for heavy white-mask sunblock. Teehee.
And three months and a bunch of cheeks after…
The before photo was taken after work, with room lighting, with a little powder on, while the after photo was taken with room lighting, bare face with a little cheek tint on. I did not even notice the difference until I made this comparison. I still get occasional zits especially on my forehead and temple areas where my hair touches my face, but they’re not as huge and drastic as the ones I had before, and they usually would dry up after 2 to 3 washes. I did not use the whitening cream as much, as I was not really after whitening my face, but my sister would always tell me pumuputi daw ako, so I guess it still made a difference.
- It did brighten my face
- It did lessen the zits! I still get some occasionally though, but they usually would disappear in 2-3 washes
- It doesn’t feel weird on my skin (no sting, or tingling sensation whatsoever)
- Very minimal peeling, most evident during the second and third week of use. Nothing gross, and almost invisible
- It definitely lightened my dark spots
- It evened out my skin tone
- My pores are a little finer now
- It did control my oil as I go out with my bare face now, and I don’t get a T-zone as icky as then
- The blanch soap is awesome! It did not dry my skin, but I can feel the pores tightening every after wash
- You can still apply make up even while on the system
- The smell is kinda strong, especially the cleanser. It’s not a bad smell, but it is strong. I usually end up sneezing a few when I cleanse my face
- It’s a little tedious to apply especially if you’re not into facial care routines
- A little expensive
I got mine from an online seller (IG: sumwearco; Facebook: SumWear Co.) for Php3100 + shipping. I got a 30-capsule Pure Glutathione as a freebie since she was having some promo then (which I haven’t used). Considering its price, and how long it lasted on me, it’s actually not bad (so that’s about 1k/month for the whole system).
As a personal user, I definitely would recommend the La Lumiere Face Kit for those who are looking for an effective face brightening product. It did wonders on me and I would sure buy another for maintenance.